North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, and numerous paid perks. North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking an Emissions Technologist for our Emission Management & Services Team, based out of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- Complete air emission tests on engines and boilers under the Multi-Sector Air Pollutants Regulations (MSAPR) including Performance Tests, Emission Checks and Stack Tests
- Perform calibrations on combustion gas analyzers in accordance with EPA method 7E, 3, ASTM D6522-11 and MSAPR
- Ability to maintain and perform preventive maintenance on air testing equipment
- Assist with fugitive emissions surveys using gas-imaging cameras
- Quantify leaks using Hi Flow Sampler, Gas Detectors, US EPA Method 21, or other instruments
- Tag leaking components using North Shore leak tags, record and document leaks
- Complete equipment inventories of pneumatic controllers, vents, pumps and gas fired equipment
- Complete compressor vent testing under Directive 060
- Assist with job planning, scheduling and reporting
- Communicate with site operations to identify and solve issues as needed
- Ensure that project requirements are met within deadlines
- Preference for candidates with a degree or technical diploma in environmental science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with upstream and midstream oil and gas operations
- Understanding of MSAPR, EPA Methods 7E, 3 and 3A, ASTM D6522-11, Alberta CEMS code, EC CEMS Code, Alberta Stack Sampling Code, AER Directive 060, MOE PNG036 and BC DPR
- Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
- Team Player – Ability to work in multidiscipline environment
- Excellent communication, writing, excel, and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence
- Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions and at heights
- Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.