The North Shore Indigenous Scholarship Program is aimed at supporting students from First Nations and Métis communities in Alberta and/or Saskatchewan who are looking to develop their career in the environmental industry.
Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually. These scholarships will be awarded to select students who demonstrate leadership capabilities and strive to be role models in their schools and communities.
To find out more about Eligibility, Selection, and How To Apply, click the images below.
Should you have any questions after reviewing the information below, please send an email to email@example.com
To be eligible a student must:
- Be of First Nations or Métis descent,
- Be from Alberta or Saskatchewan and be a resident of one of these provinces at the time of submission, and
- Be enrolled in a full time Environmental Science (or equivalent) certificate, diploma, or degree program at an accredited institution in Alberta or Saskatchewan.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of representatives from various departments within North Shore Environmental Consultants.
Criteria for selection will include:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities,
- Balanced lifestyle (community involvement, extracurricular activities, environmental involvement),
- Academic achievements, and
- Demonstrated environmental stewardship.
Only successful applicants will be notified following the completion of the review process.
How To Apply
The deadline to submit an application is October 31st annually. Applications received after that date will not be considered during the review and selection process.
The following information MUST be included in the application package in order to be considered for any one of these awards:
- A completed application form (Sections 1-5 of the PDF Application),
- A short essay (250-500 words) describing why you are a suitable candidate for the award and why you have chosen Environmental Sciences as your educational and career path (Section 6 of the PDF Application),
- At least 1 letter of recommendation from a teacher, faculty member, employer, or community leader detailing your merits and achievements for consideration (Section 7 of the PDF Application),
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming semester in a post-secondary institution, and
- Transcripts from high school and/or post-secondary institutions.
The Indigenous Scholarship PDF Application (Sections 1-7) can be downloaded by clicking this link; the completed application, along with enrollment proof and transcripts are to be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Note – The PDF will download to your downloads folder – edit the PDF using your desktop-based PDF program and save it – do not edit the PDF using your browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox), as it will not allow you to save your changes.**
Alternatively hard copies of the completed application packages, proof of enrollment, and transcripts can be sent to:
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc.
ATTN: Scholarship Program
143 201 Kaska Road
Sherwood Park, Alberta