North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, and numerous paid perks. North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking Summer Students and Seasonal Staff to assist our Vegetation Management and Reclamation/Remediation Teams. Positions are to be based out of our office locations in Alberta or Saskatchewan. Preference will be given to candidates with pesticide application experience. Candidates must be willing to travel and work in the field for extended periods of time.
- Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in industrial, forested, native prairie, pasture, and cropland settings
- Assist with assessment and reclamation projects throughout western Canada
- Assist senior staff on a variety of projects
- Complete daily cost tracking and project status reports
- Implement corporate and client safety programs
- Ensure that project requirements are met in a timely and effective manner
- Preference for candidates currently or previously enrolled in a Technical Diploma or University Degree Program in environmental science or related discipline
- Strong vegetation and weed identification skills
- A valid pesticide applicator certificate would be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements, particularly reclamation criteria
- Valid driver’s license
- Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Highly organized and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore prides itself on offering competitive wages and benefits to all employees. We also provide several performance-based incentives to allow our employees to be recognized for their contributions.
- Overtime pay after 40 hours per week
- Field work incentives
- Training and Continuing Education Programs
- Annual performance based and employee referral bonuses
- Work-life flexibility and remote work options
Training & Mentoring
North Shore promotes ongoing training and professional development opportunities for all employees through individual training and development plans and departmental training strategies. North Shore’s Worker Mentoring process is designed to accelerate the learning curve for new employees in order to produce safe workers, enhance working learning opportunities, and to allow employees to gain valuable work experience and knowledge.
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.