North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and thrived throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values, as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, and a wide array of paid perks. North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. We provide generous support to our employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events. At North Shore, your career is not just a job, but a journey towards greater knowledge, growth, and success.
North Shore is currently seeking Senior Environmental Consultants to work with our Reclamation and Remediation Team and Operational Compliance Team, based out of Grande Prairie, Alberta or Fort St. John, British Columbia. This position will include office work and field work and will primarily entail working on projects in northwestern Alberta and northeastern British Columbia.
- Developing and implementing reclamation and remediation plans on abandoned upstream oil and gas wellsites
- Overseeing the completion of assessment, groundwater, remediation, and reclamation projects
- Overseeing completion of spill assessments, containment, recovery and remediation activities
- Coordinating and supervising heavy equipment and other third-party contractors as required
- Overseeing winter access construction for remediation and reclamation projects
- Supporting project management including the oversight of client budgets, tracking project statuses, and making recommendations to progress sites towards regulatory closure
- Coordinate with clients and staff to execute Environmental Site Assessments (Phase 1 ESAs, Stage 1 PSIs, Phase 2 ESAs, Stage 2 PSIs), vegetation assessments, groundwater monitoring programs, and reclamation assessments (DSAs, reclamation inspections, and Schedule B reclamation inspections)
- Collaborate with members of the Technical Resource Group to develop site specific remediation guidelines
- Work closely and develop relationships with landowners, client operations, government regulatory personnel, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with interdisciplinary groups (Technical Resource Group, Data Management Group, Biophysical team, and Vegetation Management team) to successfully execute client projects and programs
- Compile various technical documents and reports including DSA RoO’s, reclamation inspection reports, Phase 2 ESA reports, Stage 2 PSI reports, spill assessments, remediation reports, Record of Site Condition forms, Certificate of Restoration (CoR) applications, and reclamation certificate applications
- Provide mentorship, support, and training to junior and intermediate staff
- A minimum 10 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
- Knowledgeable and capable of completing various field assessments in Alberta and British Columbia
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements in British Columbia and Alberta
- Knowledge and experience working with various types of farming and heavy equipment
- Vegetation and weed identification skills in both forested and cultivated landscapes
- Willingness to travel and be in the field as dictated by project requirements
- Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline is preferred but not required
- Registration or eligibility to obtain designation with a recognized professional organization
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in varying conditions.
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.