North Shore is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant to support our Biophysical and Air Quality, Emissions, and Regulatory Team based out of our Calgary office. The successful candidate will possess prior experience and knowledge of provincial and federal air emissions regulations and reporting. The position will be office based. Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Quality, Emissions, & Regulatory
- Collect data and assist with quantification of the Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) GHG Reporting Program (GHGRP), National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI), Alberta Technology and Innovation Emissions Reduction (TIER) Regulation, and Saskatchewan Output-Based Pricing System (OBPS)
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Emissions Inventory Reports (AEIR) under the Air Monitoring Directive (AMD)
- Provide assistance to senior staff in the office, as required
- Preparation and review of AMD Quality Assurance Plans
- Preparing, finalizing, and tracking technical reports
- Technical report writing for pre-disturbance assessments and wildlife sweeps
- Regulatory application support for the Water Act (WAIF, WAIR, and COP) and Public Lands Act through OneStop and DRAS
- Compilation of monthly work summaries and business development summaries
- Assist with project set-up and tracking, budgets, client accruals, and drafting invoices
- Environmental Science or Engineering Degree (or relevant diploma/degree from a credible institution)
- Prior experience with quantification and reporting under the ECCC, GHGRP, NPRI, and/or Alberta TIER preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in the oil and gas industry
- Excellent communication, technical writing, data management, and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry (SiteView experience is an asset)
- Knowledgeable of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements
- Valid driver’s licence
- Self-motivated and have a willingness to succeed within a team environment
- Highly organized and can prioritize multiple tasks
To influence the environmental profession, build a company we love to work for, leave a better world behind us. Mission Statement North Shore improves the world by empowering our clients to reduce past, present, and future liabilities associated with human activity. We focus on relationships with our staff, clients, and other stewards of the environment.
- Safety: Safety should be considered in everything we do, we all need to return home healthy to our loved ones.
- Integrity: To conduct ourselves in an ethical, honest, and transparent manner is essential and is what our professionalism is based upon.
- Flexibility: Offer flexibility to our clients and each other, realizing that to be successful it is essential to adapt to your situation.
- Family: Treat our colleagues and clients with respect, kindness, and thoughtfulness. Know that we are stronger together as a team.
- Innovation: Push the boundaries on how we complete our tasks, bettering not only ourselves, but the industry as well.
Equality & Diversity
North Shore is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that all employees have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and is free from discriminatory practices. This creates an inviting workplace where a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences can drive our innovation.
North Shore prides itself on offering competitive wages and benefits for all of our employees. We also provide several performance based incentives to allow our employees to be recognized for their contributions
- Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Subsidized Group Benefit Program
- Annual performance based and employee referral bonuses
- Retirement saving plan and employee contribution matching
- Training and Continuing Education Programs
- Work-life flexibility and remote work options
Training & Mentoring
North Shore promotes ongoing training and professional development opportunities for all employees through individual training and development plans and departmental training strategies. North Shore’s Worker Mentoring process is designed to accelerate the learning curve for new employees in order to produce safe workers, enhance working learning opportunities, and allow employees to gain valuable work experience and knowledge.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.