North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking Intermediate Environmental Consultants for our Reclamation and Remediation Team, based out of either Sherwood Park or Calgary, Alberta. This position is for remote field work on a consistently scheduled shift in northeastern British Columbia in the Fort St. John and Chetwynd areas.
- Developing and implementing reclamation and remediation plans on abandoned upstream oil and gas wellsites
- Overseeing the completion of remediation and reclamation projects. Coordinating and supervising heavy equipment and other third party contractors as required
- Assisting with the oversight of client budgets, tracking project statuses, and making recommendations to progress sites towards regulatory closure
- Coordinate and execute Stage 1 Preliminary Site Investigation (PSI) site visits, vegetation assessments, Stage 2 PSI’s, groundwater monitoring projects, reclamation inspections, and Schedule B reclamation inspections
- Collaborate with members of the Technical Resource Group to develop site specific remediation guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with landowners and other stakeholders
- Work closely with interdisciplinary groups (Technical Resource Group, Data Management Group, Spill Group, Biophysical Group, and Vegetation Group) to successfully execute client projects and programs
- Compiling various technical documents including DSA reports, Phase 2 ESA reports, remediation reports, and regulatory closure applications
- Provide mentorship and training to junior staff
- Provide support to senior staff as required
- 3 – 9 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
- Capable of completing Schedule B reclamation inspections within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) and reclamation inspections outside of the ALR
- Familiar with the Site Remediation and Reclamation Manual and Contaminated Sites Regulation
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements in British Columbia as well as Alberta and Saskatchewan will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with various types of farming and heavy equipment
- Vegetation and weed identification skills in both forested and cultivated landscapes
- Willingness to travel and be in the field as dictated by project requirements
- Ability to work remotely from a home-based office
- Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline is preferred but not required
- Eligibility to obtain designation with a professional organization is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
- Valid, non-GDL driver’s license
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in varying conditions. The position will be physically demanding at times. See the attached Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for reference
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.