North Shore is currently seeking an Intermediate Emissions Specialist to join our Air Quality, Emissions, and Regulatory Team based out of our Calgary office. The successful candidate will possess exceptional knowledge of air quality and emissions regulations and have prior project management experience. Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collect data and quantify emissions for the Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI)
- Collect data and quantify emissions for the ECCC Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP), BC Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation, Alberta Technology and Innovation Emissions Reduction (TIER) Regulation, and Saskatchewan Output-Based Pricing System (OBPS)
- Calculate benzene emissions from glycol dehydrators using GRI-GLYCalc, develop Dehydrator Engineering and Operating Sheet (DEOS), and prepare the annual dehydrator inventory as per Alberta Energy Regulator Directive 039
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Emissions Inventory Reports (AEIR) under the Alberta Air Monitoring Directive (AMD) Preparation and review of AMD Quality Assurance Plans
- Prepare and review of technical reports and proposals
- Project management activities including project scoping, cost estimating, planning, and invoicing
- Communication with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders
- Provide guidance, training, and supervision of junior staff members
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience quantifying emissions for federal and provincial reporting programs
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or a relevant diploma/degree
- Member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or equivalent professional association is an asset
- Familiar with projects involving emissions management, emission inventories preparation, emissions auditing, and regulatory compliance
- Strong understanding of upstream oil and gas industry directives and regulations
- Experienced project manager capable of managing multiple client portfolios
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry (SiteView experience is an asset)
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and have a willingness to succeed within a team environment
- Highly organized and can prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
To influence the environmental profession, build a company we love to work for, leave a better world behind us. Mission Statement North Shore improves the world by empowering our clients to reduce past, present, and future liabilities associated with human activity. We focus on relationships with our staff, clients, and other stewards of the environment.
- Safety: Safety should be considered in everything we do, we all need to return home healthy to our loved ones.
- Integrity: To conduct ourselves in an ethical, honest, and transparent manner is essential and is what our professionalism is based upon.
- Flexibility: Offer flexibility to our clients and each other, realizing that to be successful it is essential to adapt to your situation.
- Family: Treat our colleagues and clients with respect, kindness, and thoughtfulness. Know that we are stronger together as a team.
- Innovation: Push the boundaries on how we complete our tasks, bettering not only ourselves, but the industry as well.
Equality & Diversity
North Shore is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that all employees have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and is free from discriminatory practices. This creates an inviting workplace where a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences can drive our innovation.
North Shore prides itself on offering competitive wages and benefits for all of our employees. We also provide several performance based incentives to allow our employees to be recognized for their contributions
- Subsidized Group Benefit Program
- Annual performance based and employee referral bonuses
- Training and Continuing Education Programs
- Work-life flexibility and remote work options
Training & Mentoring
North Shore promotes ongoing training and professional development opportunities for all employees through individual training and development plans and departmental training strategies. North Shore’s Worker Mentoring process is designed to accelerate the learning curve for new employees in order to produce safe workers, enhance working learning opportunities, and allow employees to gain valuable work experience and knowledge.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.