North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking a CAD/GIS Technician for our Technical Resource Group, working from either of our Calgary, Sherwood Park, Regina, Lacombe or Grande Prairie offices.
- Prepare figures and other related documents based on field and database information for small- and large-scale reclamation, remediation and spill projects using AutoCAD or Civil 3D.
- Responsible for the on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end-user support and the generation of maps and other GIS reports and information products.
- Create and maintain Web maps and Data Layers within ArcGIS.
- Assist with providing full-cycle support to projects from field map development, data management and figure creation.
- Work with Field Maps, Collector and Survey123 for ArcGIS.
- Responsible for the compiling and organizing of GIS data from maps, databases and other data sources.
- Coordinate project drawings with Project Managers, CAD staff and others.
- Ensure that project requirements are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Support other environmental service line projects as required.
- Technical college diploma or equivalent experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D software is essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts, systems and applications including experience with ESRI Desktop and Online software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Basic, Arc GIS Online) preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates able to set up field data collection projects in ESRI Field Maps or Survey123 and Field Data Management.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and a strong sense of professionalism when interacting with field crews, drafting staff, supervisors and other field staff.
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Word & MS Excel.
- Willingness to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience in the consulting environment will be considered an asset.
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
Please submit your resume at https://www.northshoreenv.com/apply/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.